20081129

Stuffy Nose and All



Video shot and edited by Tim Kahn at Gasworks Park. I had about forty five minutes to do stuff, and this is a rough cut of that day. I almost wish he'd put in some of what I'd said when asked about my greatest challenge to overcome in Parkour--asthma--but it's still a nice little video. And all I'd said about the asthma anyway was that it is my greatest challenge, a nice daily challenge, a nifty little thing that my body does to itself, to never use as an excuse and to always, constantly, conquer. I actually try to refrain from mentioning it ever, because it's not relevant to anyone else unless I'm having issues, (which I often keep to myself anyway.) I guess I'm mostly over keeping it secret, but I still go off to use my inhaler alone and out-of-sight. Would super man go and scream his utter love of kryptonite to the world? I have asthma, but I won't be called an asthmatic; I just don't like the way it sounds. So defining, confining, and gone is the time when I couldn't finish the run in P.E., coming in last at an oh-so-graceful laborious walk. Nope. I'll lead the conditioning, by golly, and ride my bike through the city, and forget, in the greatest of moments, that I ever cannot breathe optimally. And guess what? When I finally do get rid of the asthma, I'm gonna have freaking super powers, because right now I can't even imagine leaving the house without my plastic-and-canister life-saving device. I'll gain mad points instead of losing them. So there.

No comments: