20081206

Conditioning properly results in: Preparing body for additional work; Strengthening bones & muscles; Strengthening mind.


Song: Turtle Soup (Luke Vibert Mix) by DJ Food
--off of: ZEN RMX - A Retrospective Of Ninja Tune Remixes



A bit of a warm-up routine I do at Gasworks Park. Definitely can see the fatigue toward the end, and I still had to do a long rail traverse, (unfilmed, as there were people taking pictures of other people in front of said rail and I was well over effing with the camera by the time they were done.)

It's interesting; doing the routine one way for a while then doing all the same movements but in backwards order is great, because it gets harder again. Mixing it up further gives the same results. With a nice bike ride before and after movement practice, my days at Gasworks run pretty solid. The video could be more, but one must start somewhere, no?

I love quadrupedal work, how being low to the ground causes me to use my entire body to move, and it has proved invaluable in gaining upper body strength, endurance, and confidence in using my hands and arms to support my weight. Coupled with stairs: my life is complete ;P

--And it's so easy to forget the abnormality of using all four limbs to move; at my job (a women's spa) the other day I was caught monkey walking in the entryway, just passing time. The massage therapist looked at me so strangely, and all I said was, "You have no idea..." It was fair priceless.

Be well, all. Rest enough, and train safe.

No comments: